Just the other day, this corner was home to several little shops.
“What’s going to be built here?” I ask one of the workers.
“An OXXO,” he says,
What’s an OXXO, you ask.
It’s the ubiquitis convenience store found in Mexico. Our little area (population approximately. 20,000) has at least 10 (at last count). For good measure there is one on the highway at the corner nearest our end of town, one at each of the three service stations along the highway, with the remainder dotting the streets in town often with little more than a block between them.
Sitting under the palm tree, this is what I see.
Looking up, this is what I see.
And, no, I do not want one of those coconuts to fall on my head!
1. You lose your Internet connection and satellite TV at 8:42 pm.
2. Your pool is over full and has to be drained every morning.
3. You have to skim off all the bugs before your morning swim.
4. The tiles that were clean yesterday have acquired dirt – washed down from the air?
5. You have to wend your way through puddles in the streets on your way to breakfast.
6. Insects, frogs, and crabs proliferate and the cats seek refuge on your bed.
7. On the plus side the humidity is so high your wrinkles dissapper. If only you could bottle this stuff.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADA!!!!
These were found under the overpasses on the Galloping Goose Trail – for more about this hiking / walking / biking trail see Here
Under the overpass – one
Under the overpass – two