I buy lottery tickets. Every week. I know that I have an abysmal one in 14 million chance of winning and still I buy them. I know I’m not alone for millions of fellow citizens are right there with me shelling out hard earned money for a chance, however slim, to win.
Why buy? Here’s my logic.
- You can’t win without a ticket.
- You only need one ticket to win.
- You never know. You could be that one in 14 million this time.
- The money is used for good causes – you can check on line for your province or state.
- This is my “coffee” money. Since I don’t drink coffee, I don’t feel guilty spending the equivalent of a cup a day on lottery tickets.
- I don’t buy the little “scratch and win” tickets. If I’m destined to win, I want to win big.
- Its fun to dream about what I could do with the winnings.
- The anticipation of a possible win adds spice to my week.