Beryl Belsky of http://www.thewritersdrawer.net/ was kind enough to nominate me for a One Lovely Blog Award. There is no winner; the nomination is the prize, so to speak. I am honored to join the ranks of others who have also been nominated. Thank you, Beryl.
A requirement of accepting the award is to tell you 7 things about myself so here goes.
- I have seen the Sahara from both sides—Mali and Egypt.
- I’m a non-athlete who loves body boarding.
- I went to a country school with 8 grades and one teacher.
- I have the best job in the world—grandma to a precocious and delightful little munchkin.
- I lived in Mali and traveled by taxi-brousse through several West African countries. Something I wouldn’t do now, but was entirely safe at the time.
- I can’t imagine a life without reading.
- I hate winter, but one of my favorite memories is of the horses’ hooves squeaking on the hard packed snow that sparkled in the moonlight.
Note to any bloggers out there: It’s your turn. Here are the rules should you accept one, all, or none of them.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
3. Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blogs.