Picture yourself standing in the vehicle and looking out around you—all 360 degrees of country side with no buildings, no telephone lines, no signs of humans at all.
The driver turns off the engine and complete silence engulfs you. “Look,” someone whispers. There, just a few feet away from the vehicle, you see a lioness nursing her cubs. She flips over and the cubs, firmly attached, flip with her.
If you go, don’t miss:
- A night in the Stanley Hotel in Nairobi,
- A couple of nights in a tent camp,
- A visit to a Masai village,
- An early morning hot air balloon ride to watch the great migration,
- And do stay in the vehicle when the driver stops for gas—an experience you won’t ever forget as vehicles come from every direction jostling for a spot at the pumps.