I received the Versatile Blogger Award (VBA) from Anneli Purchase!
Here is what VBA is all about: (I have copied much of this from the blog of Lada Ray, since this is all new to me.)
What is it?
As far as I can tell, from the writings of previous recipients, this lofty-sounding award is basically a mutual admiration society where bloggers recognize their peers for writing quality blogs that touched them in some way. The VBAs honor the blogger rather than specific posts. It’s a chance for bloggers to pat themselves on the back like the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences does with the Oscars. Until someone starts giving out Blogscars, the VBAs will have to suffice.
What are the criteria?
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. I nominated 12 outstanding bloggers below. Congratulations!
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Include a link to their blog.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!) I’ve found that it’s a bit of work to list 15, but please don’t feel that being nominated should be a burden. If you only want to nominate 8 or 10 bloggers, that’s fine too.
The envelope, please…
Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
And the nominees/winners are (in no particular order):
1. The Vandal – http://www.derekhaines.ch/vandal/
2.Jonathan Gould – DagLit http://daglit.blogspot.com
3. Morgen Bailey – http://morgenbailey.wordpress.com
4. Girls’ with Pens – http://girlswithpens.com/
5. Shannon – http://shannonshawbooks.com/
6. Yvonne – Hello World http://ytaba36.wordpress.com/
7. Trinka – http://mstrinkav.blogspot.ca/
8. Reenie – http://reeniediva.blogspot.ca/
9. Gordon – http://gamblersgame.co.uk/
10. Christy – http://www.christytilleryfrench.com
11. Spencer – http://www.spencerbrokaw.com
12. Diane Rapp – http://www.quicksilvernovels.com
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
1. I love chocolate.
2. Being grandma is the best job I ever had.
3. I’m lost without my computer.
4. I’m an avid body boarder.
5. The best trip ever for me was the safari in Kenya.
6. I can’t imagine a day without reading.
7. Did I mention that I love chocolate?